Friday, March 12, 2010

Stupidity or Schmucks? You decide

I know I haven't blogged alot lately but its the old saying....the world is too much with us...too much to try to organize into words. That said, sometimes things happen that spur me to speak out. Yes, I am sparked by emotion, injustice, and today, stupidity.

COBRA health plan administrator companies, ever heard of them? Usually in larger companies a health plan administration company is hired to manage the health benefits and more. They also handle COBRA for disengaged former employees.  This is my opinion based on PURE FACTS. While I was on COBRA and this company handled my plan, I was struck by their lack on intercompany communication and their stupidity and inability to follow up. I cannot tell you the number of mistakes they made.Now they have susspended one of my former colleagues COBRA even though they admitted they have a trail of communication that dispute the suspension. Why? A supervisor needs to review this. How long has the supervisor had to review this: Try 6 months. It is NOT the former employee's fault, really, its not. This company has charged people for COBRA when they were not on it. They denied a health claim for me saying I wasn't on COBRA when I had proof I was and they still have not rectified it. I have now turned it over to an attorney and advised my former colleague to do the same and to report them to the Insurance Commissioner of Maryland. And even though the Schmuck's Forest is not yet up and running, I am creating a forest just for them. They are located in Hunt Valley, MD. They know who they are.....and, they should know, we have just begun the fight.

American Idol: people what were you thinking? Todrick, Lily and Lee? Are u nuts? this has been the worst American Idol ever. Boring with bright spots that are now gone. Judges who have literally driven the contestants crazy with their inconsistent comments. I think it will be their last season. I may have a section for them in the Schuck's Forest.

Thank goodness for Ruby, Project Runway, CSI and Criminal Minds for distractions.

So, what's on your mind?

More to come.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment